Camera FV-5 brings DSLR features to Android
Camera FV-5 Screen Shot (Android App)
Android users. We finally have something to brag about when photography comes up with an iphone user.
This new app called Camera FV-5, available for $3.91, is amazing and is like nothing we’ve ever experienced in camera applications.
So what’s unique about this app? Here’s a list:
- Control over your ISO
- Exposure Bracketing control
- Shutter speed control (set to 1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds or custom)
- Exposure compensation control
- Self Timer (Which is what I use for my jumping shots)
- Macro and infinity focus modes and a photo lock switch so no holding down the focus on the screen
- RAW formats for beautiful processing
- 3 Light metering modes
- Built in intervalometer for timelapses and time controlled picture series.
Are there negatives? Of course, what app doesn’t but this app has been updating and truthfully improving its functions nearly every week so it will improve with time.
- It lags a bit. I don’t know if this is for every device or just my galaxy note but the shutter is about a second slow (irrelevant for people that don’t take motion shots though)
- We don’t yet get to control the iso but they’ve told me that they’re working on bringing that soon
- On some devices using Long Exposure features causes a decrease of the picture quality to 2 or 1 MP.
- The RAW saving feature is extremely memory intensive but well worth it.
- Takes some time getting used to because there are so many features but so far I like the UI.
Conclusion: It’s a magnificent and unique app that truly gives users complete control over their mobile phones camera. The most prominent feature that I enjoy is the processing. The quality of the post process photo is absolutely amazing. Mind you that I have one of the first android phones with the advanced sensor cameras, Samsung Galaxy Note, so that plays part in the quality but let me tell you. I’ve used dozens of camera apps trying to get the best quality image out of my camera and this is it. When I imported into instagram before using this camera the quality of images decreased significantly (Which in my opinion is the only difference between IG iphone users and droids, the quality of images) and when I used this app the quality was amazing and so crisp. It has great features and it’s a must have for any photographer.
Just wanted to introduce myself quickly since I’m brand new to the Juxt team. The names David Gamboa and I’m an Android photographer using a Samsung Galaxy note. If you’d like to see my work my IG is @Daveedgamboa. Hope you enjoyed my first post, there’ll be more to come!
Here are some of my favorite sample shots that I took using the camera.
Long exposure shot using the Camera FV-5 App.
An example of the quality of post-processing of this app. Only added nashville effect to this photo.
Used a low EV value to capture better colors thanks to the app and the self timer works perfect